We are a light gauge panel manufacturing company looking for a working shipping lead to coordinate a team to load and organize trucks. Must be able to follow directions, work well with others, lead by example, be respectful, and have a positive outlook at the task at hand. This position is responsible for representing our products and services in a professional manner while maintaining the integrity of our company. A strong belief in the mission and goals of the company are necessary to this position.
Candidate will be responsible for building loads and assisting with maintenance of an efficient and clean storage yard. This is accomplished by assisting the loading team in selecting and loading items they have manufactured along with gathering materials to be delivered. Inventory control, product knowledge and organization skills are all components of this position.
• Follow loading plans as given by the supervisor
• Sort and load structural steel panels
• Plan, lay out, assemble, repair and install complex weight handling gear and various standing and running rigging.
• Coordinate and arrange for the loading and staging of semi-trailers
• Inspect and identify quality issues of product, if a panel is damaged, responsible to identify and repair
• Assemble and provide labor for jacking, skidding, cribbage
• Perform maintenance (as per capabilities allowed as determined by management) and inspections on trailers driven
• Safety awareness. Responsible to promote safety and ensure team is following safety guidelines
• Accurately pulls and stages materials to be loaded to ensure schedules are met.
• Contributes to maintaining the inventory in the yard by conducting cycle counts, keeping the yard organized, ensuring the correct material is shipped
• Follows all policies and procedures in the yard including quality control, inventory and safety
• Properly uses and maintains all equipment
• Read and interpret shipping layout
• Knowledge of structural members
• Have a thorough knowledge of rigging procedures and equipment
• Knowledge of panel drawings
• Strong mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting skills
• Deadline and detail-oriented
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
• Possess knowledge, skills and abilities sufficient to perform a full range of rigging duties, considering factors such as size, shape and location of the object and the availability and strength of overhead support structures
• Must have High School/Vocational School diploma or GED Certificate and/or successful completion of a trade or industrial school
• Work in inclement weather, hot weather, cold weather
• Rigging for crane lifts
• Operate forklift or other non-crane equipment (as trained)
• Facility and equipment maintenance
Desired Skills and Experience:
• Class A CDL preferred
• Loading of Oversize/RGN/Specialized heavy haul trailer experience preferred
• Experience with forklifts/cranes preferred
• Experienced rigger
• Clean driving record
• Possess good communication skills
• Ensures the safe operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements.
• Determines condition of vehicle by inspecting vehicle before and after use, logging inspection and reports defects or safety issues to the supervisor immediately
Requirements To Be Considered For This Position:
• Friendly, outgoing personality
• Familiarity with building materials is helpful
• Ability to participate effectively as a team member
• Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays
• Able to move, bend, climb, as required to perform the job
• Able to lift up to 70 pounds as needed
Knowledge & Training:
• Identifies personal growth needs and learning opportunities
• Completes required orientation and safety training
• Commits to continued learning of products, packages, procedures and more.
• OSHA certified
• Military training