Wanted: Motivated, enthusiastic, take the bull by the horns, shout it from the mountain tops kind of person with an internal spirit that will break down the thickest walls known to mankind. Is culture important to you? If so, read on, if not, save yourself some time and move on. We are looking for a volcano! A dynamo! An explosive personality who is results-driven and looking to fit into a culture driven, team environment who is just as concerned with leaving your co-workers and clients alike with a smile as you are towards the successful completion of each project, where your goal is making everyone’s day better than it was yesterday! And oh, by the way, we will call you our Floor Supervisor to lead all facets of our modular panel fabrication facility in Cleveland, OH.
Reporting to the Plant Manager, you will direct and coordinate all activities of the plant floor to ensure that our products are assembled with maximum efficiency (lean), safety, and quality. If you are highly motivated, then you will have the opportunity to grow and succeed as we do. The person in this position will lead the floor staff of our mid-size manufacturing operations in a manner that produces quality products, delivered on time within established cost goals and continual improvements.
You will work on the shop floor with the team and will mentor all the different aspects of our assembly lines to deliver desired facility results without compromising safety, performance, or quality. A Plant Supervisor will lead by example; which means, when we engage the right person, the entire company will need plastic surgery to remove their smiles from their faces at the end of every shift! You will also be establishing safety standards, monitoring and auditing safety in the workplace, communicating with and coaching employees on all aspects of safe work practices and ensure the floor staff is adhering to company policies and procedures.
Responsible for the efficient operation, organization, and assignment of multi-departments using a “team” type methodology to bring out the most in each individual while using proven procedures as well as having the thought provoking creativity to help set our company over and above the others. You’re the coach of our team and it’s up to you to use unique means and methods to create unification and motivational traits to throw out a cultural buzz that will make our floor a desirable place of employment.
You will be tasked with generating an upbeat atmosphere in an effort to gain maximum results from each employee. You will be responsible for “wall-to-wall” implementation of a Lean Manufacturing System on our floor and will mentor, teach and coach the entire organization (shop floor to management) in the core Lean principles. The Plant Supervisor is responsible for the production operations to ensure that optimum performance is being achieved, using lean manufacturing tools in an environment of continuous improvement.
Establish the concept of lean implementation throughout our floor always striving towards BMP’s and continuous improvements throughout the plant. Maximize efficiency and productivity through proven lean concepts and other cost reduction methodologies. Implementation and continual positive reinforcement of lean management system by using previous experience and developing company specific means and methods by way of: department lead coordination and communication, project updates, key performance indicators, transparency of measurable output recordings, floor staff accountability, morning meetings, visual controls. Promotes communication throughout the floor and will communicate well with management to ensure consistency in lean applications. Work with Plant Manager to Plan, develop and implement operational policies to ensure the organization operates at peak productivity and profitability.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Responsible for Floor Flow, Safety, Quality, Production, Efficiency, Teamwork
• Minimize manufacturing costs through effective utilization of manpower, equipment, facilities, materials, and capital
• Implement manufacturing strategies and action plans to ensure that the facility supports strategic initiatives
• Drive continuous process improvement and lean principles
• Green Belt or Black Belt certification a plus
• Drives safe operations. Assist in modifying and maintaining company safety polices
• Ensure all employees follow operation standards and working practices
• Strong and thorough communication
• Well organized with great follow through
• Minimum 5 years as successful Assembly/ Production Facility manager
• Demonstrable experience as a leader of people with ability to assess talent, build teams, and manage towards production goals
• History of using lean process principles to improve labor utilization, inventory management, and production velocity / quality, and efficiency
• Competitive spirit looking to contribute to a winning team and grow a market changing business
• Maintains a commitment to the company vision through exemplary leadership style and structured performance management
• Assure the company’s business objectives and production schedules are met while insuring product standards that will exceed our customers’ expectations
• Evaluate, manage and motivate all direct reports with a strong emphasis on planning, organization, preparation, follow-up and internal communication.
• Communicate clearly and directly with employees concerning performance expectations, productivity, and accountability.
• Manages multi-departments within the facility
• Is responsible for production coordination and fabrication plans
• Maintains the shop in an orderly 5S and well-kept manner
• Maintains schedule and reassigns labor as work orders change
• Knows what needs to be done on a daily basis to keep the work moving through the production process
• Maintains and monitors appropriate documentation on all projects
• Clarifies and delegates responsibility and expected results
• Initiates disciplinary actions where necessary according to established procedures
• Resolves technical problems and challenges by involving the appropriate people in order to keep production moving, meet/exceed schedule and to stay within budget
• Participates in continuous process improvement activities always looking for new ways to do the job with eye to reducing cost, streamlining processes, and increasing throughput
• Keeps current on industry trends, innovations, and changes that may affect production operations
• 10+ years experience in manufacturing supervisor roles
• Experience in manufacturing management in a complex manufacturing facility
• Experience in the manufacturing and delivery of capital goods
• Experience in a “job shop” manufacturing environment with low volume, high mix, complex, engineered products
• Experience in lean manufacturing and continuous improvement
• Proven metric-based track record in:
Achieving production efficiency goals
Achieving on time delivery goals
Achieving quality targets
• Strong leadership and team building skills
• A hands-on, visible management style
• Analytical problem solver
• Excellent communication skills, written and oral
• High degree of detail orientation